Monday, June 20, 2011

Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub! 

Before I write about baby bath tubs, I would like to call a Zack Morris time-out.



Time-Out:  Why were there three men in a tub?  I looked up the complete nursery rhyme:

Rub-a-dub-dub,
Three men in a tub,
And how do you think they got there?
The butcher, the baker,
The candlestick-maker,
They all jumped out of a rotten potato,
'Twas enough to make a man stare.

I am sure it was enough to make a man stare.  Thoroughly confused.

Moving on...

We bought the Puj Tub for L's infant bath tub.
I have to say I am not a fan.  It calls for a "standard sink," so I guess that is why we didn't like it.  Our sink is wide and shallow.  Because the tub has drains on the sides, it was a constant struggle to maintain the water level and temperature.  She was always slipping down and reaching for the hot/cold water handles.  Bath time was anything, but relaxing. 

We recently purchased the Primo EuroBath



It is $24.99 versus $39.99 for the Puj Tub and will last until L is 24 months.  When I first saw it online, I was a little skeptical, but it received excellent reviews.  I went to the store to purchase it and the salesman on the floor told me they are constantly restocking it.  Got me! Hook, line, and sinker!  We have used it a few times and are big fans.  L loves bath time now and so do we!  I no longer have a fear of her turning on the scalding hot water without me noticing.

Along with the Primo bath, I would purchase the Safety 1st Comfy Bath Cushion for sponge baths the first few weeks.
It is only $8.49.  I had trouble finding it multiple places online, but saw it on the floor at BabiesRUs.  Combining the cost of the two, it is still cheaper than the Puj and will last you 0-24 months.

Happy Rub-a-Dub-Dub...avoid the three men part though!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...