Friday, June 17, 2011

My Second Husband

I am not sure why people think the sleepless nights begin with the baby coming.  Pregnancy is your lack-of-sleep training for the marathon you encounter when the baby comes.  Before L was here, I didn't sleep through the night, but maybe twice, my entire pregnancy.  It was a constant struggle to figure out the formula of how much water to drink right before bed to minimize the midnight bathroom runs. 

While everyone experiences the rapidly filling bladder while pregnant, I was lucky enough not to have too much back pain.  I have had a couple friends that have lost sleep from the back pain, so I asked them for their opinions on maternity pillows.  Their comments are below...

Snoogle Total Body Pillow


"I bought the snoogle body pillow and it has SAVED my life!!!!!! This baby sits low and so I have had a lot of back pain and trouble sleeping from early on. This pillow let's me sleep all night! Miracle!!" - Katie
"I would love to share my experience with my '2nd Husband,' the Today's Mom Coolmax Pregnancy Pillow.  I guess I was complaining a little too much about my back hurting at night because one afternoon I got an email from my husband with a link to the 'Today's Mom Coolmax Pregnancy Pillow' and the words - 'That’s Right! You got one headed your way!'  When I opened the link I was immediately horrified by what I saw ... it was the largest, not too mention most expensive, pillow I had ever seen in my life.  I loved my husband for trying to help me out but what was I going to do with this HUGE pillow?  Well, three months later ... and one week before my due date ... I'm still snuggling with my '2nd Husband' every night ...  he is so large, it's like having another person in bed with us...but it really does a nice job of supporting my large, heavy belly and as much as I toss and turn every night, it's nice to not have to wrestle with putting a pillow under my tummy every time I roll over.  There have been a few nights where I felt like I was drowning amongst the pillow and tossed him to the floor ... but we always made up and were back together the next night.  The product claims to keep you cool at night and have a 'coolmax' effect ... I'm not really sure I've experienced this .... so if that's what you're looking for you might look somewhere else.  Also, I have to do some fancy maneuvering every time I get in and out of bed to use the restroom ... which at times can be super annoying!  Overall, I would not categorize this product as a 'pregnancy must have' but I have enjoyed it and it's a great conversation piece when people see it laying on our bed!!" - Emily



Boppy also makes a couple maternity pillows that get rave reviews online.  Since I am a huge fan of the Bopster family, I am sure these are great too.

If you are desperate to get a good night sleep, might want to give one of these a try!  Don't these models look so happy and content?!?!  Thanks Emily and Katie for your input!

If you would like to subscribe to this blog and get email updates, please see below.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...