Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Minimizing Grocery Runs 2

After my Diapers.com post, I received a few emails from other moms talking about how much they love Amazon Mom (AM).  I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and what deals I have been missing out on!  I felt so out of the loop and was intrigued :)  Bear with me...

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the main event!  Ding Ding Ding Ding!

In this corner we have...



And in this corner we have...



LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!  (I know, I know, a bit overkill for a match up between two baby sites, but the high school cheerleader in me couldn't let this one pass me by.  I promise to leave the Tootsie Roll and Whoop! There it is! off of all future blog entries)  Now that I have that out of my system...Here is how I think the two sites stack up...

***Before you read - I have researched this topic for a couple of weeks now and am more confused than when I started.  These loyalty programs are constantly changing.  I write about this topic with a headache :)

At first glance, it appears that AM has a much better member program.  I mean what about 30% off and free shipping doesn't grab you!  During my research, however, I found out that Amazon acquired the Diapers.com's parent company, Quisdi, in November 2010 (completed in April 2011).  If they are both the same company, why would they undercut themselves with prices?  Exactly!  They don't! 

The way I see it, they are both excellent sites and provide the convenience of not having to go to the store. 

AM culminates three of Amazon.com's programs: Amazon Mom, Subscribe and Save, and Amazon Prime.  Different perks (free shipping, discounts, etc...) fall under the different programs. . You have to upkeep all of the requirements for each program (some require minimum orders and an annual fee).  AM allows you to set up an automatic diaper delivery at a specified time interval.  I found this great review when I was looking into this that helps clarify the pros and cons.

Ultimately, you will need to crunch the numbers for your specific household to know whether AM or Diapers.com is a better deal for you.  Because you have to reach monthly minimums for the perks with AM, it may end up being a wash with Diapers. 

I, personally, like to order things as I need them rather than having an automatic delivery, but that is just me. During my reseearch, it seems most mom's prefer AM based on discussion boards I have read. I have a fear of getting too many diapers of one size and having to deal with the return/exchange process. Since we all know I like to keep it simple, I will stick with Diapers.com for now.  I think their interface is cleaner, and I do not want to have to keep up with all of the Amazon Mom loyalty programs.  I would love to hear more opinions on this topic...Let me know if you disagree with my review.

Happy shopping with whichever your choose!  Both provide convenience of not having to run to the store and a variety of inventory!  I felt obligated to share with you this other great site that provides many of the same benefits as Diapers.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...